The 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw is complete. Some draws are better than others. These are the match-ups:
- Borussia Dortmund vs PSG
- Real Madrid vs Manchester City
- Atalanta vs Valencia
- Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool
- Chelsea vs Bayern Munich
- Lyon vs Juventus
- Tottenham vs RB Leipzig
- Napoli vs Barcelona
Here’s a look at winners & losers from the Round of 16 draw.
- Fans: Real Madrid vs City? Atleti vs Liverpool? Spurs vs Leipzig? There are going to be some exciting pairings to follow and high-quality Round of 16 match-ups. This will be compelling viewing.
- Barcelona: They draw Team Disarray. They may not even need Messi for this one.
- Atalanta: They draw the worst of the winner’s group squads in Valencia. Atalanta may be the only second-place group team favored to win their Round of 16 match-up.
- Valencia: Done a favor by drawing Atalanta. Crazy that Valencia could be a top 8 team this season.
- Juventus: Most of us view Juve as vulnerable. No worries, they draw a Ligue 1 side. Freaking Ronaldo.
- Premier League: It’s like UEFA went out of their way to ensure four EPL teams don’t advance to the quarters again.
- Manchester City: The EPL’s third-place team have a knack for getting tee’d up with the easiest match-ups and schedules in every competition every year. They finally pull the most difficult pairing. The team with no UCL titles faces the team with the most.
- Liverpool: The reigning champs have a knack for always starting with the most difficult opponents and schedules. Aleti will be a challenge.
- Zinedine Zidane: It’s been a rollercoaster season for the Frenchman. A strong UCL run could quiet his critics. An early exit will not.
Listen to “High Press Soccer Podcast Ep 45: Champions League Round of 16” on Spreaker.
Where to bet the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League in the US
In the US, you can legally bet on soccer in New Jersey, Indiana and Pennsylvania.
For New Jersey, we recommend DraftKings Sportsbook NJ or FanDuel Sportsbook.