The 2019-20 Premier League schedule kicks off one month from today!
With that in mind, let’s take a look at matchday 1 betting odds.
Premier League Matchday 1 Odds
|Friday, Aug 09, 3pm ET||Liverpool -670||Draw +700||Norwich City +1900|
|Saturday, Aug 10, 7:30am ET||West Ham +900||Draw +480||Manchester City -345|
|Saturday, Aug 10, 10am ET||Bournemouth -112||Draw +275||Sheffield United +295|
|Saturday, Aug 10, 10am ET||Burnley +160||Draw +225||Southampton +285|
|Saturday, Aug 10, 10am ET||Crystal Palace +170||Draw +225||Everton +175|
|Saturday, Aug 10, 10am ET||Leicester +135||Draw +225||Wolves +220|
|Saturday, Aug 10, 10am ET||Watford -110||Draw +235||Brighton +340|
|Saturday, Aug 10, 12:30pm ET||Tottenham -385||Draw +460||Aston Villa +1200|
|Sunday, Aug 11, 9am ET||Newcastle +265||Draw +265||Arsenal +100|
|Sunday, Aug 11, 11:30am ET||Manchester United +125||Draw +230||Chelsea +230|
Odds & Ends
Note, this post was written on July 09, 2019. There are still summer transfers to come that may impact these lines. We’ll update this portion of the article closer towards matchday 1.
- Champions League winner Liverpool ushers in the new season at home against promoted Norwich City. With the game at Anfield, they’re the heaviest favorite of the week. The 3-0 correct score prop bet (+525) and 4-0 (+750) are worth looking at more closely.
- The next couple of bullets have the caveat of “let’s see how transfers impact these lines,” but we’re high on teams looking to punch through the Big 6 this season. So Everton (+175) as the slightest of underdogs away at Palace is interesting.
- Same for Wolves (+220) at Leicester City.
- Southampton feels like a mid-table team this campaign. That +285 away against Burnley is appealing.
- This may change depending on the manager selection but Newcastle at home (+265) could catch an Arsenal squad (+100) that is potentially on the decline.