From here until the end of the Women’s World Cup, DraftKings will offer DFS contests on each day’s games.
This marks the 13th daily fantasy offering on DraftKings–and by our count, fourth involving a women’s sport (tennis, basketball, and MMA being the others).
Our WWC DFS Picks
Each day, we’ll find some potential values or “must haves” in your line-up and list them. Let’s start with Tuesday’s games:
- 9am ET: New Zealand vs Netherlands
- 12pm ET: Chile vs Sweden
- 3pm ET: USA vs Thailand
The contest set-up:
- You fill up 8 spots (2 FW, 2 M, 2 D, GK, Utility)
- You have $50,000 in salary to spend, with each player’s average salary equaling $6,250
- Goalies and Defenders are all $6k or under — that helps when you’re looking at pricey midfielders and forwards
Some quick notes on Tuesday’s games:
- The US should pound Thailand. Since it’s the first game, don’t expect coach Jill Ellis to rotate her squad. She’ll go with her best starters and bring on super-subs (like Carli Lloyd) early in the second half.
- The Netherlands are good and score. In their last friendly against Chile (who plays Sweden on Tuesday), they won 7-0.
- Sweden is good and doesn’t score. They’re defensive-orientated and the team Hope Solo once called “cowards” for not playing open enough.
Ok, now our picks for real
- Goalie: Hedvig Lindahl Sweden ($5,800). She’s good, Chile isn’t. She’s $200 cheaper than the US goalie.
- Defense: Stefanie van der Gragt , Netherlands ($4,200). She’s massive (5’10) and could find the net on a set piece.
- Defense: Nilla Fischer, Sweden ($4,300). A legend for the Swedes, has 23 national goals as a defender.
- Mid: Julie Ertz, US ($6,400). Always a threat for a set piece header.
- Mid: Rose Lavelle, US ($4,500). Just a hunch she has a breakout tournament. She’s confident enough to take some long-range strikes. At $4,500 she gives up cheap upside.
- Forward: Vivianne Miedema, Netherlands ($9,200). Speedy youngster will look to impress playing up top.
- Forward: Christen Press, US ($7,200). Will likely sub in for Tobin Heath or Megan Rapinoe and looks to score. Risky as a non-starter but can get a goal in a blink.
- Utility: Daniëlle van de Donk, Netherlands ($7,900). She’s capable of hat tricks. Massive upside.
Also look at:
- Mid: Caroline Seger, Sweden ($7,400). She takes pk’s, so could get a cheap and easy goal.
- Forward: Tobin Heath, US ($9,400). In good form.
- Forward: Megan Rapinoe, US ($9,900). Good for assists too.
- Lieke Martens, Netherlands ($9,600). As likely to find the back of the net as Midema.