The 2020-21 UEFA Champions League is on to the knockout rounds.
Not many surprises from group play. Inter pulled an Inter. Manchester United continued their rollercoaster year. And favorites Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Manchester City plowed through their groups with little issue.
Champions League title odds will likely shift after the Round of 16 draw on Monday. However, for now, here is where they stand.
2020-21 UEFA Champions League title odds
|Bayern Munich +225||Manchester City +375||Liverpool +450||Chelsea +525|
|PSG +900||Real Mardid +900||Borussia Dortmund +2700||Porto +3000|
* Odds as of December 11, 2020
Odds & Ends
- Bayern should be the favorites. But at +275? Their implied odds of approximately 25% is a far cry from 538’s increasingly ridiculous SPI rankings, where they’re at 17% (Man City are 25% per 538).
- How badly does 538 need to re-examine their algorithm? Barcelona is listed as third favorites per their rankings. / tangent
- Where are the values? Atletico Madrid are La Liga leaders and the 4th ranked team in the world per the much more credible ClubElo. However, they’re priced at +2500 (10th best odds among the final 16). Certainly worth a flier.
- Given Real Madrid’s UCL pedigree and that, as group winners, they’ll receive a favorable Round of 16, +1700 has value.
WHERE TO BET THE 2020-21 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN THE US
In the US, you can legally bet on soccer in New Jersey, Indiana and Pennsylvania.