The FA Cup returns for Round 5/Last 16. For only the second time in the competition’s history, this round will take place midweek. Every game is available to watch live on ESPN+.
Hit me up on Twitter @RegistaPicks with your thoughts, who you support, and picks for the week.
2020-21 FA CUP WINNER ODDS
Arsenal and Liverpool have exited the competition, and the teams remaining are 3 wins away from the final. Here are the futures for the 9 sides I think have a realistic chance of winning the FA Cup:
- Manchester City +175
- Manchester United +550
- Chelsea +700
- Tottenham +700
- Leicester City +1100
- Everton +1400
- Southampton +1600
- West Ham +1800
- Wolves +3000
Look at everyone’s current form Pep Guardiola’s side is the obvious team to back, but I don’t think +175 represents good value. We have seen some big upsets in 2020, and anything can happen in a one-off cup game.
At this moment, I think Chelsea represents the best value at +700. Thomas Tuchel (my new favorite manager) has an excellent squad at his disposal and 3 cup victories under his belt. The DFB-Pokal with Borussia Dortmund in 2017, where he defeated Guardiola’s Bayern Munich in the semi-finals. The Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue in 2020 with PSG.
Leicester City has shown they can beat anyone on their day and are worth backing with some small change at +1100. I would avoid Tottenham +700 as their success is too reliant on Harry Kane’s fitness. José Mourinho doesn’t have a Plan B when his star player is injured.
Paul Pogba will be a big miss for Manchester United +550. He has been in excellent form for the last few months, and Ole Gunnar Solksjaer’s side fell apart in the second half of their 3-3 draw with Everton.
FA Cup 5th Round: Must-Watch Matches
It has to be Everton and Tottenham’s clash on Wednesday evening. Harry Kane is back from injury, and Dominic Calvert-Lewin has rediscovered his goal-scoring form. Both managers have won this competition with Chelsea in the past. I think we’ll see goals and I’m going to be Parlay Both Teams to Score Yes and Over 2.5 Goals for +148.
Here are the 2020-21 FA Cup 5th Round Betting Lines.
FA CUP 5TH ROUND BETTING LINES
ODDS & ENDS
- With teams fatigued, there is an opportunity to get a big win if you back the right underdog. Championship side Bristol City +400 and West Ham +450 look the most likely to cause a big upset.
- Keep in mind that replays have been scrapped this year and will be decided on the night so we could see teams trying to hold out for penalties.
- Bristol City could very well take this approach against low scoring Sheffield United. The safer bet would be to back them or the Draw at +114.
- Four of the last six encounters between West Ham and Manchester United has finished in a Draw or David Moyes side getting the win. Sports Books are offering The Hammers to Win or the Draw at +150. That is great value especially considering Man Utd’s struggles at Old Trafford this season.
- Manchester City is -134, and Chelsea is -114 if you handicap them at -1.5 Goals. Parlay them together for +225, which is fantastic value.
- I like Leicester City at -118 to get the job done in 90 minutes against Brighton. Especially now Jamie Vardy has returned from injury.
WHERE TO BET THE FA CUP IN THE US
In the US, you can legally bet on soccer in New Jersey, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.