The 2020-21 Premier League season starts September 12th. All week we’ve been previewing the season–from table groupings to individual performances.
Here’s a look at 2020-21 Premier League Golden Boot odds. There are some good value buys in the mix. We’ll list them out at the end of the post.
If you haven’t already, review:
- 2020-21 Premier League schedule
- 2020-21 Premier League title odds.
- 2020-21 Premier League Preview: Relegation Candidates
- 2020-21 Premier League Preview: Mid-table fodder
2020-21 Premier League odds for top goal scorer
|Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang +500||Harry Kane +500||Sergio Aguero +600|
|Mo Salah +600||Timo Werner +1000||Raheem Sterling +1100|
|Jamie Vardy +1400||Sadio Mane +1400||Bruno Fernandes +1600|
|Gabriel Jesus +1600||Danny Ings +2000||Anthony Martial +2000|
|Marcus Rashford +2000||Mason Greenwood +2500||Raul Jimenez +2500|
|Roberto Firmino +3300||Alexandre Lacazette +4000||Kevin de Bruyne +5000|
|Christian Pulisic +5000||Hakim Ziyech +5000||Kai Havertz +5000|
|Son Heung-Min +6600||Sebestian Haller +10000||Miguel Almiron +25000|
Golden Boot Value Buys
Jamie Vardy was +1800 to win the Golden Boot last preseason. Three year ago, Mo Salah was in the +5000-6600 range. The point is: the Premier League Golden Boot winner each season is rarely the front-runner.
This season, a few names pop out for reasons good and bad:
- Timo Werner at +1000 is the most obvious value buy. He already looks well-integrated in the squad. Chelsea will have a 2017-18 Liverpool-esque attack. He’ll have all the opportunities he can handle to score.
- Raheem Sterling at +1100 is very interesting. At 25, he’s entering what should be his two prime aged goal scoring years.
- While still maybe a year or two away from being a top contender, Marcus Rashford at +2000 isn’t a bad flier. He’ll be held back though by Bruno Fernades taking all of the shots from the spot.
- Avoid the old guys: Aubameyang, Augero, Vardy. They’ll challenge for sure, and from a minute-per-goal perspective may be tops. However, age combined with a hectic and jammed schedule will potentially limit their domestic playing time.
- On the flip side of that, since Liverpool has disavowed the concept of buying players, if Mo Salah or Sadio Mane can stay healthy, they’ll see all of the domestic minutes they can handle.
WHERE TO BET THE 2020-21 PREMIER LEAGUE IN THE US
In the US, you can legally bet on soccer in New Jersey, Indiana and Pennsylvania.