The following page provides details on the 2021-22 UEFA Champions League. It will be updated throughout the competition.
The qualifying rounds are done and we have confirmation of who the 32 teams are and their odds to win the Champions League:
|TEAM||DRAFTKINGS ODDS||FANDUEL ODDS||BETMGM ODDS|
|Zenit St. Petersburg||+20000||+10000||+15000|
|Red Bull Salzburg||+30000||Not Available||+15000|
|Club Brugge||+50000||Not Available||+15000|
|FC Sheriff Tiraspol||+100000||Not Available||+75000|
*Odds correct Wednesday 25th August 11:00PM EST
No major surprises yet, except for Celtic, Rangers, Olympiacos, Galatasaray, AS Monaco, and PSV Eindhoven all getting knocked out in the qualifying rounds.
For more 2021-22 Champions League information, read the following:
What Teams Have Qualified For The 2021-22 UEFA Champions League?
A total of 26 teams received automatic qualification already based on their domestic league finishes. Those teams are placed into pots based on their previous year’s domestic league or Champions / Europa League finish. The remaining 6 teams (32 total) qualified via a playoff.
How UEFA Champions League Qualification Works
The four major domestic leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga) receive 4 automatic Group Stage births (for teams who finish in their top four the previous year). Ligue 1 (France) and Primeira Liga (Portugal) each receive two automatic Group Stage entries.
The Russian Premier League, Ukrainian Premier League, Jupiter Pro League (Belgium), Super Lig (Turkey), and Eredivisie (Netherlands) all receive one automatic Group Stage entry. The last automatic Group Stage entry is awarded to the Europa League from the previous season.
The final Group Stage entries are awarded to the six teams who make it out of the Qualification Rounds. That process is a complicated cascading system involving over 50 teams. If you want to figure it out, discern the process from the rundown Here.
How Champions League Group Stage Pots Are Determined?
The Group Stage is where most casual (and hardcore) fans start paying attention to the Champions League. This is when 32 qualified teams are slotted into 4 pots. Then they’re randomly drawn to create 8 groups of teams each. The top 2 teams out of each Group advance to the Knockout rounds.
You’ll likely have noticed that teams already qualified for Group play are in pots.
- Pot 1 has the previous year’s Champions League and Europa League winners. Pot 1 also contains the champions of the top 6 associations. This year, the Premier League has 2 of the Pot 1 spots, with Chelsea (Champions League winners) and Manchester City (Premier League winners)
- Pots 2, 3 & 4 contain the remaining teams. Placement is based on their UEFA coefficients.
There are some restrictions on Group Stage draws to restrict certain clubs from playing others from within their league.
2021-21 Champions League Group Stage Draw Results
- Manchester City
- RB Leipzig
- Club Brugge
- Atletico Madrid
- AC Milan
- Sporting CP
- Borussia Dortmund
- Inter Milan
- Real Madrid
- Shakhtar Donetsk
- Sheriff Tiraspol
- Bayern Munich
- Dynamo Kiev
- Manchester United
- Young Boys
- FC Salzburg
Champions League Group Stage Matchday Dates
- Matchday 01: 14 and 15 September
- Matchday 02: 28 and 29 September
- Matchday 03: 19 and 20 October
- Matchday 04: 02 and 03 November
- Matchday 05: 23 and 24 November
- Matchday 06: 07 and 08 December
Champions League Knockout Rounds
The top two teams in each Group Stage bracket advance to the Champions League Knockout.
- For the Round of 16, a random draw is held with restrictions so clubs from the same domestic league and the same Champions League Group can’t play each other. Scheduled to take place 13 December 2021.
- For the Quarterfinals, a random draw is held with no restrictions.
- For the Semifinals and Final, a random draw is held with no restrictions.
WHERE TO BET CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN THE US
In the US, you can legally bet on soccer in more than two dozen states. You can bet online in some states, but only in-person betting is allowed in most of them.
DraftKings Sportsbook is available in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
FanDuel Sportsbook is available in Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.