Let’s take a look at the 2021-22 Bundesliga Matchday 10 Betting Lines and Tips.
BUNDESLIGA MATCHDAY 09 ROUNDUP
VFL WOLFSBURG SACK MARK VAN BOMMEL
We have our first managerial casualty of the season after Wolfsburg decided to part ways with Mark Van Bommel. The former Bayern player lasted four months in the job, and I don’t think anyone saw this coming after four Matchdays.
Wolfsburg were top of the Bundesliga on 12 points after a perfect start to the season. Die Wölfe haven’t won since drawing three and losing five, leaving them bottom of their UEFA Champions League group and ninth in the league on 13 points.
Despite their form being poor, this decision does feel a little hasty, and Van Bommel was caught off guard like the rest of us.
“I’m surprised and disappointed by the decision because I’m certain that we would have managed to get back on track together,” he said. “I hope the team manage to turn things around quickly.”
It makes you wonder if any other issues were going on behind the scenes?
Michael Frontzeck has been placed in charge on an interim basis, and a front-runner hasn’t emerged yet to take over the position permanently.
JUDE BELLINGHAM SCORES WONDER GOAL
Jude Bellingham grabbed l the headlines with his wonder goal in Borussia Dortmund‘s 3-1 victory over Arminia Bielefeld. He picked the ball just outside the 18-yard box and proceeded to dance through the defense before dinking the ball over Stefan Ortega.
It’s an outrageous passage of play that has all the hallmarks of Lionel Messi. The 18-year-old has the world at his feet, and I’m positive he will captain England one day. When he decides to return to the Premier League, I think he will command a transfer fee north of $140 million, making Dortmund a tidy profit on the $27.6 million they paid for him.
BUNDESLIGA BETTING: MATCHDAY 10 LINES
BUNDESLIGA BETTING TIPS
- I’m going to jump on VfB Stuttgart‘s Moneyline at +150. Pelligrino Matarazzo‘s side have improved in recent weeks, winning one, drawing four, and losing one. Their opponent FC Augsburg were poor last week, losing 4-1 to a Mainz 05 side not known for scoring freely.
- I like Mainz’s Moneyline at +115. These two play each other in the DFB Pokal midweek, and I think Mainz will beat them in both games. Arminia Bielefeld has only managed five goals and is yet to win a match this season, drawing five and losing four.
- I recommend avoiding Leverkusen vs Wolfsburg. It’s difficult to gauge what kind of reaction we will see from Wolfsburg players after Van Bommel’s sacking.
- Dortmund on the Spread -1.5 Goals at +120 is very appealing. They produce a poor performance every five to six games, and that happened last week against Ajax in the UEFA Champions League. I expect BVB to win their next two or three fixtures very comfortably.
- Newly promoted sides VfL Bochum and Greuther Fürth have been poor this season and have difficult away trips this Matchday. I recommend Parlaying Borussia Mönchengladbach‘s and SC Freiburg‘s Moneyline which adds up to odds of -111.
WHERE TO BET BUNDESLIGA IN THE US
In the US, you can legally bet on soccer in more than two dozen states. You can bet online in some states, but only in-person betting is allowed in most of them.
DraftKings Sportsbook is available in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
FanDuel Sportsbook is available in Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.