UPDATE: Bumping this post in light of the Champions League Quarterfinal draw happening Friday, March 15th at 6am ET. We’ll update the post with match-ups as their drawn and odds per fixture.
2019 Champions League Quarterfinals Draw
The Champions League Quarterfinals draw takes place on Friday, March 15th at 7am ET. The draw is held at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.
Unlike the Round of 16, there are no seedings or protections (i.e. two Premier League teams could play each other, like last year when Liverpool defeated Manchester City).
The eight winners from the Round of 16 will be entered into the draw. Similar to the Round of 16, each team will play a home game with the aggregate winner advancing.
Who Is In the Champions League Quarterfinals?
We’ll add advancing teams as they complete their Round of 16 Leg 2 matches. As of Tuesday, March 5th:
- Ajax (defeated Real Madrid 5-3 aggregate)
- Tottenham Hotspurs (defeated Borussia Dortmund 4-0 aggregate)
- Manchester United (defeated Paris Saint-Germain 3-3 aggregate on away goals)
- Porto (defeated Roma 4-3 on aggregate)
- Juventus (defeated Atletico Madrid 3-2 on aggregate)
- Manchester City (defeated Schalke 04 bazillion-2 on aggregate)
- Liverpool (defeated Bayern Munich 3-1 on aggregate)
- Barcelona (defeated Lyon 5-1 on aggregate)
2019 Champions League Quarterfinals Match-Ups
Match-ups drawn for the quarterfinals are:
- Ajax vs. Juventus (April 9)
- Liverpool vs. Porto (April 9)
- Tottenham vs. Manchester City (April 9)
- Manchester United vs. Barcelona (April 9)
- Juventus vs. Ajax (April 16)
- Porto vs. Liverpool (April 16)
- Manchester City vs. Tottenham (April 16)
- Barcelona vs. Manchester United (April 16)
The winner of Ajax vs. Juventus will play the winner of Tottenham vs. Manchester City in the semis.
The winner of Liverpool vs. Porto will play the winner of Barcelona vs. Manchester United in the semis.
When Will 2019 Champions League Quarterfinals Games Be Played?
Leg 1 matches take place April 9th and 10th. Second leg matches are the following week on April 16th and 17th.
Champions League Quarterfinals Betting Odds
Leg 1 matches are listed below. Home teams are listed first.
|Ajax +290||Draw +240||Juventus -105|
|Tottenham +290||Draw +260||Manchester City -110|
|Liverpool -240||Draw +350||Porto +700|
|Manchester United +260||Draw +250||Barcelona +100|
Odds are from FanDuel Sportsbook NJ
Champions League Futures
On Thursday, March 14th, FanDuel Sportsbook NJ had the following futures.
|Manchester City +230||Barcelona +340||Juventus +340||Liverpool +470|
|Manchester United +1000||Tottenham +1600||Ajax +2500||Porto +7000|
After the quarterfinal pairings were announced, the news futures shifted to the following:
|Manchester City +220||Juventus +270||Barcelona +380||Liverpool +390|
|Manchester United +1600||Tottenham +2500||Ajax +3100||Porto +9500|
Champions League Quarterfinal Probabilities
As of March 15th, FiveThirtyEight has updated their Champions League probabilities to the following:
The draw gave Manchester City and Liverpool bumps to win the UCL. Juventus and Ajax took probability hits.
Where to Watch
In the US, games will be broadcast on TNT and streamed online at B/R Live.