Even before the COVID-19 pandemic shut down the soccer world, the Europa League final was supposed to pit Manchester United vs Inter Milan. Two once great clubs who are refinding their footing as global elites. It was the match-up we all wanted to see.
And until this weekend, everything seemed on track for that showdown.
While Inter poured in 4 second half goals against an over-matched Shakhtar Donetsk, Man U failed to hold up their end of the bargain, succumbing to Sevilla.
So here we are: Sevilla vs Inter for Europa League glory.
When is the 2019-20 Europa League final?
The Europa League final will take place Friday, August 21st at 3pm EST. It is held at Stadion Köln in Cologne, Germany.
In the US, you can watch the Europa League final on CBS All Access.
Europa League final odds
Not surprisingly, Inter is favored over Sevilla in this match-up.
Odds & Ends
- This is the first ever European meeting between the two clubs.
- Sevilla won the Europa League in 2015-16, defeating Liverpool in the finals during Jurgen Klopp’s first campaign.
- Inter have won 5 straight Europa League matches and rightfully come in as the favorites.
- This is also Inter’s 10th major European cup finals.
- However, Sevilla are the kings of the Europa League, having won the competition 5 times (2006, 2007, 2014, 2015, 2016).