MLS Matchweek 5 lines are now released in full.
The marquee match-ups are Eastern conference fixtures between Orlando City and top-of-the-table DC United, and Columbus Crew vs Atlanta United. An Orlando win *could* temporarily put them top of table (albeit with a game in hand), depending on the outcome of the Friday night Toronto FC vs NYCFC game. An Atlanta United win would…give them their first win.
One thing to watch for is how many players who participated for their country over the international break are inserted back into the starting line-up for their respective clubs.
MLS Matchweek 5 Game Odds
All listed odds from March 28 on BetStars NJ.
|Friday, March 29|
|Toronto FC +100||Draw +270||NYCFC +260|
|Saturday, March 30|
|Chicago Fire +180||Draw +250||New York Red Bulls +145|
|Columbus Crew +105||Draw +260||Atlanta United +250|
|New England Revolution +125||Draw +260||Minnesota United +200|
|Sporting KC -167||Draw +310||Montreal Impact +425|
|FC Cincinnati +125||Draw +260||Philadelphia Union +205|
|Colorado Rapids +150||Draw +245||Houston Dynamo +175|
|Real Salt Lake +120||Draw +240||FC Dallas +225|
|Vancouver Whitecaps +260||Draw +260||Seattle Sounders +100|
|Sunday, March 31|
|Orlando City +145||Draw +260||DC United +170|
|LA Galaxy -120||Draw +290||Portland Timbers +310|
Odds and Ends
- After coming off a win as the biggest Matchweek 4 underdog (+750! On the road! Against the Red Bulls!), Orlando City is getting some respect. They’re now slight home favorites against DC United.
- Should New England be favored against any one right now? They are against a stronger than expected Minnesota United. Some value in that +200 there.
- Atlanta United aren’t automatic favorites any more, especially against a strong Columbus Crew squad.
- Same goes for Colorado. To paraphrase Fran Fraschilla, “they’re two years away from being two years away.” Yet a solid Houston Dynamo team is a slight underdog traveling to Denver.
- NYCFC has struggled, dropping leads and drawing all three games. But +260 to Toronto? Seems a bit long.
- New York Red Bulls have also struggled and had some key players on international duty. Yet, they’re given a slight edge (+145) traveling to Chicago (+180).
- The only odds-on favorites now are the Galaxy and Sporting KC. They former host a falling Timbers team who are receiving some action, going from +310 to +270. The latter is being bet heavily, as Sporting has gone to -167 and Montreal longs from +260 to +425.