We have two marquee fixtures on Saturday, with four of the Big Six facing off against each other. Arsenal travel to the Etihad Stadium to face Manchester City for the early kickoff, and Liverpool host Chelsea at Anfield later in the day. If you’re unsure about what markets to pick for these games, you can read on to see my picks and check out our Premier League Betting Guide.
PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 02 ROUNDUP
LIVERPOOL FINDING THEIR STRIDE AND TIEING UP LOOSE ENDS
Jurgen Klopp‘s side have made the perfect start to the season, winning both games, scoring 5, and keeping two clean sheets. His front four – Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mané, Roberto Firmino, and Diogo Jota – have all gotten on the scoresheet. In defense, Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, and Jöel Matip have made their returns from injury.
The club is also making the right moves off the pitch. Today they announced left-back Andrew Robertson is the latest player to sign a contract extension till 2026. van Dijk, Alisson, Fabinho, and Trent Alexander-Arnold have all committed their futures to the club this summer.
Xherdan Shaqiri has left Liverpool to join Olympique Lyonnais in a $13 million deal. Rumors are circulating on Twitter that the Swiss international acquired his new luscious locks during an international break and could not head the ball for six weeks. I would love to have seen Klopp’s reaction when he told him, lol.
Divick Origi and Nat Phillips are expected to follow the Swiss international out of the club before the transfer window closes on August 31st.
It’s early in the season, but the signs are positive for Liverpool, and they could mount a serious title challenge if their players stay fit. Here are their latest Premier League Futures odds on Draftkings:
- Winner +400
- Winner Without Manchester City +175
- Top 2 +130
- Top 4 -500
- Top 6 -2500
- Highest Scoring Team +650
DANNY INGS’ STUNNING BICYCLE KICK LIGHTS UP VILLA PARK
Danny Ings scored the goal of the weekend. Seconds away from halftime, Newcastle‘s defense failed to deal with Matty Cash‘s long throw allowing Tyrone Mings to get the flick on. The Aston Villa captain’s header fell nicely for Ings, who was in acres of space, and he executed a perfect bicycle kick.
PREMIER LEAGUE BETTING: MATCHDAY 03 LINES
PREMIER LEAGUE BETTING TIPS
- I think Manchester City -1.5 goals -115 on the Spread is great value for their game against Arsenal. Mikel Arteta‘s side haven’t picked a point up yet and looked very poor defensively in their opening two games. Back Pep Guardiola to hand his former protege another beating by two or three goals.
- Leicester City have the perfect opponent to bounce back from their disappointing 4-1 defeat to West Ham. They travel to Carrow Road to face newly promoted Norwich City, who have lost their opening two games conceding 8 goals. It’s tempting to put back The Foxes on the Spread, but I recommend playing this one safe and taking them on the Moneyline at -130.
- I like Under 2.5 Goals at +100 for Tottenham‘s game against Watford. It’s looking like Spurs manager Nuno Espírito Santo has gone with a cautious approach that prioritizes defensive solidity over attacking flair.
- Parlaying Manchester United to win and Over 1.5 Goals at +110 is a solid choice for their trip to Molineux. Under Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, the Red Devils have played much better away from home, and Wolves are yet to score this season.
WHERE TO BET PREMIER LEAGUE IN THE US
In the US, you can legally bet on soccer in more than two dozen states. You can bet online in some states, but only in-person betting is allowed in most of them.
DraftKings Sportsbook is available in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
FanDuel Sportsbook is available in Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.