The international break is almost over, which means the Premier League returns this weekend. The big fixtures are Leicester City vs Manchester City, Leeds United vs Liverpool, and Manchester United vs Newcastle. If you’re unsure about what markets to bet on for these games, you can read on to see my picks and check out our Premier League Betting Guide.
Let’s take a look at the 2021-22 Premier League Matchday 04 Betting Lines.
Matchday 04 will be the first time fans see their club’s transfer deadline day deals. The key signings were:
- Man Utd confirm the return of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Daniel James leaves Manchester United for Leeds United
- Chelsea bring Spain midfielder Saul Niguez in on loan
- Spurs sign Emerson Royal from Barcelona
- Arsenal add to their defense with Takehiro Tomiyasu
- Salomon Rondon is reunites with Rafael Benitez at Everton
- Crystal Palace snap up striker Odsonne Edouard
- Leicester City sign Ademola Lookman on loan from RB Leipzig
- West Ham bring in Nikola Vlasic and Alex Kral
- Brighton buy left-back Marc Cucurella
- Burnley bring in Wales right-back Connor Roberts
CRISTIANO RONALDO RETURNS TO THE THEATRE OF DREAMS
Manchester United have brought Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford in one of the most sensational transfer stories in the history of the game. The 36-year-old left for Real Madrid 12 years ago and was rumored to be leaving Juventus for their cross-city rivals Manchester City.
CR7 returns as one of the best (fourth-best in my eyes) to have ever played the game. Undoubtedly, he will get goals, blaze freekick after freekick off-target or into the wall, and be the center of attention. When he walks onto the Theatre of Dreams pitch, it will be the leading men’s international goalscorer. His brace against the Republic of Ireland won Portugal the game and took his tally to 113, breaking a record of 109 goals previously held by Iran‘s Ali Daei.
PREMIER LEAGUE BETTING: MATCHDAY 04 LINES
PREMIER LEAGUE BETTING TIPS
- Tottenham at -115 is great odds for their trip to Selhurst Park. Spurs sit top of the Premier League after winning their opening three games and are yet to concede a goal. Nuno Espirito Santo has brought toughness and solidity to their playing style, and with Harry Kane back in the fold, they will comfortably beat Crystal Palace.
- I’m recommending Parlaying Both Teams to Score YES and Liverpool Moneyline at +160. Jurgen Klopp‘s side should have enough to get the three points, and Leeds United have scored and conceded in all three of their opening games.
- Norwich City or the Draw at +165 is worth considering. Arsenal are off to their worst start in the Premier League with three defeats and no goals scored. Mikel Arteta and his side need to produce a good performance in front of their fans. They will be without their captain Granit Zhaka who is serving a three-match ban, and Thomas Partey, who is sidelined with an ankle injury. The Canaries are playing them at the perfect time and could get something from this game.
- I like Under 2.5 Goals at -125 in Everton‘s game against Burnley. Rafa Benitez and Sean Dyche are defensive-minded coaches, and I feel their tactical approaches will result in a low-scoring game.
WHERE TO BET PREMIER LEAGUE IN THE US
In the US, you can legally bet on soccer in more than two dozen states. You can bet online in some states, but only in-person betting is allowed in most of them.
DraftKings Sportsbook is available in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
FanDuel Sportsbook is available in Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.