Happy New Year everyone, I hope 2022 is good to all of you.
At the time of writing, we have a full slate of Premier League fixtures across the weekend, although there is talk of Southampton vs. Newcastle being postponed.
Most of the league’s managers want the five subs rule reintroduced as Covid, and the packed festive schedule takes its toll on their squads. Every major league in Europe has it in place, and it seems the logical choice when considering the increasing physical demands placed on players.
You can always hit me up on Twitter @AlexJBlowers for advice, your picks, and thoughts on what’s happening in the world of soccer. If you’re unsure about what markets to bet on this Matchday, you can read on to see my analysis and check out our Premier League Betting Guide.
Please check out the High Press Pod when you get a chance. We would greatly appreciate it if you hit the subscribe button and gave us a 5-star rating.
Let’s take a look at the 2021-22 Premier League Matchday 19 Betting Lines, Analysis, and Tips.
PREMIER LEAGUE GUIDES
PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 20 ROUNDUP
IS THE TITLE RACE OVER?
Liverpool‘s surprise defeat to Leicester City and Chelsea‘s recent struggles have allowed Manchester City to open an eight-point lead at the top of the table. Many are saying the title race is over despite there being five months of the season left and 54 points up for grabs. Unsurprisingly, Pep Guardiola has played down their chances to the media.
As much as I would love to see a three-horse title race go right to the wire, I’m with the majority here and believe it’s near on impossible we’ll see anyone catch City. They have benefitted from being one of the few teams not to suffer a Covid outbreak. They could end Matchday 21 with an even bigger lead if they beat Arsenal and Liverpool win or draw against Chelsea.
DraftKings believe it too, slashing City’s odds down to -1000 with Liverpool increasing to +800 and Chelsea to +2500.
MATCHDAY 21 LINES
*Odds Taken from DraftKings Thursday, December 30th, 9 AM EST
PREMIER LEAGUE BETTING ANALYSIS AND TIPS
- I’m all for people locking in their bets early to get the best price, but that’s potentially the worst thing you can do in the current climate. The best thing to do is wait till an hour before kickoff when the lineups are released to decide if you want to place your bet. Keep a close eye on each side’s team news, and if a star player is ruled out, you might be able to place a bet before the Sportsbooks can readjust their lines.
- Wolves or the Draw in the Double Chance market at +150 is excellent value. Manchester United were awful against Newcastle, and I think they will struggle to break down Bruno Lage‘s well-drilled side.
- I like Brighton‘s Moneyline at +190. Everton haven’t played since December 16th, and as we’ve seen with other sides, the time off could have a negative impact.
- Both Teams To Score YES and Tottenham‘s Moneyline is great value at +195. Harry Kane is back to his best, and Antonio Conte is yet to iron out Spurs‘ defensive mistakes.
- Back Steven Gerrard to continue his excellent start at Villa Park. Their opponent Brentford are coming off a 1-0 defeat against Manchester City, who recorded 76% possession. Soccer’s exhausting when you don’t see the ball, and Aston Villa – whose midweek game was postponed – can take advantage. The Villans are available at +150 to get the three points.
WHERE TO BET PREMIER LEAGUE IN THE US
In the US, you can legally bet on soccer in more than two dozen states. You can bet online in some states, but only in-person betting is allowed in most of them.
DraftKings Sportsbook is available in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
FanDuel Sportsbook is available in Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.