The Premier League season wraps on Sunday.
There is a lot at stake. Manchester United, Leicester, and Chelsea are bunched up fighting for a top 4 spot and place in the Champions League. Aston Villa, Watford, and Bournemouth all are fighting to avoid relegation.
Here’s all that’s at stake on Premier League Championship Sunday.
When is Premier League Championship Sunday?
All matches take place Sunday, July 26th at 11:00am EST.
In the United States, matches can be viewed on NBC, NBC Sports, and the NBC Sports and Peacock apps.
Top 4 Premier League spots
Man U, Chelsea, and Leicester are battling it out.
Leicester (+205) host Manchester United (+135)
Chelsea (-118) host Wolves (+310)
- Manchester United are in if they draw or beat Leicester, or Chelsea lose.
- Leicester are in if they beat Man U. They’ll also finish in the top 4 if they draw Man U and Chelsea lose.
- Chelsea finish top 4 if they win. If they draw and Man U draws, they’re in. The only way they miss out is if they lose and Leicester wins.
Prediction: Man U stumble, and Leicester and Chelsea advance.
The bottom 3 teams all get relegated. Norwich has already been dropped. This comes down to Villa, Watford, and Bournemouth. And it’s very closely bunched.
Of the three, Villa has the best shot at staying up.
- Aston Villa travel to play a safe West Ham team. Despite being on the road, Villa (+123) are favored over West Ham (+220). All the Villans need is to better Watford’s result, or draw along with a Watford draw.
- Watford (+270) travel to play Arsenal (-110). They need to better Aston Villas result to survive.
- Bournemouth need a lot of luck–but it’s not totally hopeless. They need to win at Everton and see Watford and Villa lose.
Prediction: Villa stays up. Bournemouth and Watford (deservedly) drop.
Europa League qualification
Oh yeah, the Europa League!
Whoever is left out of the UCL between Man U, Chelsea, and Leicester will get the automatic Europa League spot.
Either Wolves or Spurs will enter the Europa League qualifying rounds.