Soooo…who all had Brighton & Hove Albion in a UCL spot after matchday 1 of the Premier League?
Or Chelsea in relegation? If our math skills are correct, Chelsea is on pace for 0 points and a -152 goal differential.
Things will start normalizing this week. Here are the lines.
2019-20 Premier League Matchday 2 Odds
Some really interesting games this week. As always, if you need a refresher, please read how to bet the Premier League in the US. If you live in New Jersey or Pennsylvania, you can bet soccer online. Home team listed first.
|Saturday, August 17th|
|Arsenal -360||Draw +450||Burnley +1050|
|Aston Villa +135||Draw +240||Bournemouth +200|
|Brighton +155||Draw +220||West Ham +200|
|Everton -139||Draw +290||Watford +375|
|Norwich +120||Draw +240||Newcastle +230|
|Southampton +675||Draw +375||Liverpool -245|
|Manchester City -286||Draw +450||Tottenham +700|
|Sunday, August 18th|
|Sheffield +150||Draw +220||Crystal Palace +200|
|Chelsea -134||Draw +260||Leicester City +400|
|Monday, August 19th|
|Wolves +245||Draw +240||Manchester United +115|
Odds & Ends
- Matchday 2 certainly isn’t a make or break for West Ham. They’re not getting relegated. But any hope of a top 6 run takes a major hit if they go two weeks with zero points. Can Brighton really earn 6 points after two weeks?
- Newcastle wasn’t that bad matchday 1. Should their odds be that long on the road against Norwich? Actually scratch that. Yeah they should. But still.
- The marquee match-up for the week is obviously Manchester City vs Tottenham. Spurs are +700. Seems about right. But this will be an indicator as to how good Spurs actually are this season.
- Chelsea. Ouch. Now Leicester comes for a visit. Things could go off the rails quickly for Frank Lampard if the Foxes steal 3 points.
- Manchester United +115 on the road against Wolves? Feels like an overreaction to matchday 1. Wolves at +245 feels like a bargain.