It’s another overall “meh” week of Premier League fixtures. Unless you can’t wait to wager on Brighton vs Aston Villa, in which case you’re a true sicko.
Once again, Liverpool are part of the marquee match-up as they host Manchester United at Anfield. They will not be dropping points this time around.
Here’s a look at the rest of matchday 23 lines.
Premier League matchday 23 lines
|Saturday, January 18th|
|Watford +225||Draw +245||Tottenham +122|
|Manchester City -1000||Draw +950||Crystal Palace +2400|
|Arsenal -120||Draw +270||Sheffield United +375|
|West Ham +180||Draw +240||Everton +150|
|Southampton +155||Draw +230||Wolves +185|
|Brighton -155||Draw +335||Aston Villa +370|
|Norwich +120||Draw +255||Bournemouth +220|
|Newcastle +485||Draw +375||Chelsea -200|
|Sunday, January 19th|
|Burnley +380||Draw +280||Leicester -137|
|Liverpool -240||Draw +375||Manchester United +650|
Odds & Ends
- TURN DOWN FOR WATFORD! They’re back. Watford is on a roll. Tottenham are on the opposite of a roll. They’re scoring goals. And they’re +225 at home. Yes, we like Watford for something like a 3-2 win here.
- Arsenal just aren’t good. They won’t be good this season. They’re every bit a mid-table team. Sheffield United, however, are good. And they’ll come away with a point or 3 at the Emirates.
- West Ham host Everton. This is like watching two sad drunk divorcees circling each other at a bar. You don’t want to watch it but you kind of do. Expect a 2-2 draw.
- Southampton are favored at home over Wolves and we can’t really argue that the oddsmakers are wrong. Still, this is a major “stay away” match.
- Two months ago Eddie Howe was attached to every managerial opening. Now his Bournemouth are underdogs against Norwich. Oof. Bournemouth gets back on track here with an ugly win.