The Reds vs Gunners is by far the best fixture on this weekend’s slate. However, there are a number of games that are important as teams try not to let their season derail or prove they’re no fluke.
2019-20 Premier League Matchday 3 Odds
|Aston Villa +225||Draw +250||Everton +120|
|Norwich +290||Draw +290||Chelsea -115|
|Brighton +143||Draw +215||Southampton +210|
|Manchester United -278||Draw +400||Crystal Palace +800|
|Sheffield United +245||Draw +220||Leicester +123|
|Watford +115||Draw +245||West Ham +240|
|Liverpool -200||Draw +370||Arsenal +480|
|Bournemouth +1200||Draw +600||Manchester City -500|
|Tottenham -400||Draw +510||Newcastle +1100|
|Wolves -121||Draw +235||Burnely +390|
Odds & Ends
- Are we already into “must win” territory with Chelsea? Norwich aren’t terrible. They create opportunities. Teemu Pukki finishes them. How loud does #LampardOut get if the Blues don’t win?
- Speaking of Teemu Pukki, he’s only got fourth best odds (+480) as the first goal scorer in Norwich vs Chelsea at DraftKings Sportsbook NJ. Norwich is at home. We’re #teamteemu at HPS. Worth a look.
- Another team that needs a win: West Ham. Pellegrini’s side was run over by Manchester City in the opener, and drew Brighton last week. West Ham was supposed to be a stealthy contender for the top 6 at best, and a solid mid-table squad at worst. A road loss to current bottom-feeder Watford would raise a lot of concerns among Hammers faithful.
- Expect Liverpool vs Arsenal to be an open, attack-orientated game. Especially early, as Anfield will be rocking. The +155 for a goal in under 14:59 is a decent play.
- If Leicester City is for real, they need to handle Sheffield on the road. But is it too soon to ask: what if The Blades are for real? They drew a decent Bournemouth squad on the road. They shut out Palace (with Zaha) at home. We’ll know a lot about these two squads by Saturday afternoon.