It’s going to be a very interesting weekend of matches in the Premier League coming out of the international break.
Oddsmakers aren’t buying some of the early season success for teams like Everton and Aston Villa. Nor do they seem too concerned about the struggles of Liverpool, Manchester City, and Manchester United.
Let’s take a look at Premier League matchday 5 betting.
2020-21 Premier League matchday 5 betting lines
|Saturday, October 17th|
|Everton +285||Draw +300||Liverpool -118|
|Chelsea -210||Draw +375||Southampton +510|
|Leicester -125||Draw +285||Aston Villa +325|
|Newcastle +390||Draw +295||Manchester United -143|
|Sheffield +100||Draw +240||Fulham +295|
|West Brom +140||Draw +230||Burnley +205|
|Manchester City -240||Draw +425||Arsenal +550|
|Sunday, October 18th|
|Crystal Palace +180||Draw +220||Brighton +165|
|Tottenham -155||Draw +300||West Ham +410|
|Leeds +163||Draw +225||Wolves +175|
Odds & Ends
- We’ll preview the Merseyside Derby later in the week, but the oddsmakers like Liverpool at -118. Everton is legit. This is a massive match and will be show if Everton is for real and if the Reds are slipping. However, Jurgen Klopp gets the benefit of the doubt still. Look for Liverpool to rebound.
- Are we so sure that Leicester is that much better than Aston Villa? xG / xGA says yes. Expect Villa to suffer their first L of the season.
- If Burnley is going to avoid a relegation battle, taking points off West Brom is an absolute must. This feels like an ugly 1-1 draw.
- Arsenal is the type of squad that can definitely hurt City. Mikel Arteta knows how to combat Pep. Don’t be surprised if the Gunners pull 3 points here.
- Brighton will have their luck regress to the mean and earn a W against Palace.
- And this years Wolves (Leeds) plus two years ago Wolves (Wolves) in what will be an exciting battle. Leeds will build on their impressive start with another win.