Did the landscape of this season’s Premier League title chase completely change this week?
Jordan Pickford’s reckless, dickless challenge on Virgil van Dijk has oddsmakers out on Liverpool. Premier League title odds have shifted back to preseason levels. Manchester City are back to odds-on favorites (-112). Liverpool have dropped to +250. No other club is close.
However, those futures markets could take another shift after a compelling week of fixtures in England.
Here’s a look at 2020-21 Premier League matchday 6 lines.
2020-21 Premier League matchday 6 betting lines
|Friday, October 23rd|
|Aston Villa +128||Draw +250||Leeds +210|
|Saturday, October 24th|
|West Ham +650||Draw +440||Man City -265|
|Fulham +185||Draw +215||Crystal Palace +165|
|Manchester United +145||Draw +260||Chelsea +175|
|Liverpool -435||Draw +540||Sheffield +1150|
|Sunday, October 25th|
|Southampton +170||Draw +245||Everton +155|
|Wolves -137||Draw +255||Newcastle +430|
|Arsenal -112||Draw +280||Leicester +290|
|Monday, October 26th|
|Brighton -134||Draw +300||West Brom +340|
|Burnley +340||Draw +310||Tottenham -162|
Odds & Ends
- Things start off with a bang on Friday. The only perfect team in the Premier League so far — Aston Villa — take on an exciting and ambitious Leeds side. This will provide some real clarity on if either team is a true contender or a pretender. The pricing doesn’t suggest a draw will be the outcome. The Villans get the benefit of the doubt here until proven otherwise.
- Man U is feeling confident after coming away from Paris with a W. Chelsea struggled for a boring draw vs Sevilla. Both teams are erratic. However, when Man U get rolling, they are capable of real hot streaks. Look for Man U to pull 3 points here.
- FABINHO IS THE BEST CENTER-BACK IN THE WORLD. Liverpool will roll over Sheffield at Anfield.
- The pricing on Arsenal vs Leicester is wonky. Split the difference and pick the draw.
- Wolves at -137 feels like the best priced, surest bet on the board.
WHERE TO BET THE PREMIER LEAGUE IN THE US
In the US, you can legally bet on soccer in New Jersey, Indiana and Pennsylvania.