Another episode of the HPS MLS Pod is up!
Joining host Harrison Hamm this week is site-runner Chops.
- The potential impact of Mesut Ozil joining D.C. United
- How many MLS players could step into the Premier League right now?
- The Aaron Long transfer saga and MLS as a selling league
A bit of delay on this getting published, but the HPS MLS Pod is up!
Joining Harrison Hamm this week is Kevin Minkus. Covered…
- (0:43): Atlanta United, Pity Martinez, and their ideal tactical set-up
- (14:00): The rise of the Revs
- (23:15): Slightly out of date now, but reviewing some of the week’s biggest rivalry games
- … and more.
It’s time for another HPS MLS Pod!
Joining Harrison Hamm this week is Evan Weston, the television voice of Orlando City SC. Topics discussed include:
- Orlando’s wild win over NYCFC in the US Open Cup quarterfinals (0:30)
- Orlando’s improvement this season and future direction (10:00)
- The attack, and Chris Mueller’s potential USMNT contention (30:00)
The HPS MLS Pod is back.
This week Harrison Hamm is joined by MLSsoccer.com writer Tom Bogert. Topics covered include:
- (0:55): How the San Jose Earthquakes have turned it around
- (13:00): Are Minnesota United legit contenders?
- (18:05): Evaluating a murky Western Conference
- (24:35): Philadelphia’s rise and the Eastern Conference
New HPS MLS Podcast is up.
This week, Harrison Hamm is joined by Will Conwell of Stumptown Footy, who is on to talk about the Portland Timbers, their home opener, and how they project for the rest of the season.
- (0:00): What the atmosphere was like at the Timbers’ home opener, and how the additions to Providence Park looked.
- (5:00): The Timbers’ rocky start and how they’ve stabilized.
- (11:15): How new DP attacker Bryan Fernandez will continue to be utilized, and how Giovani Savarese may assemble his attack.
- (19:50): The pros and cons of a 4-4-2 diamond formation.
- (25:30): Where might the Timbers look in the summer transfer window?
In the second episode of the High Press Soccer MLS podcast, host Harrison Hamm is joined by MLSsoccer.com writer Tom Bogert as they discuss their selections for the MLS All-Star game and which players have impressed.
- Goalkeepers (0:00 — 5:27)
- Defenders (5:27 — 13:30)
- Midfielders (13:30 — 23:50)
- Forwards (23:50 — 30:18)
- If the All-Star game were important and competitive, what would the ideal XI be? (30:18 — 40:41)
Welcome to the first podcast in our expanding network: The HPS MLS Pod.
Hosted by contributing writer Harrison Hamm, the HPS MLS Pod will cover a wide range of topics from America’s top domestic league.
This week, Harrison Crow from American Soccer Analysis joins to talk a wide range of MLS topics:
- The two Harrisons discuss the most underrated teams in MLS, including RSL, Houston, and Columbus (1:00)
- Then, they ponder the active soccer players most likely to eventually break Chris Wondolowski’s scoring record (37:15)
- To finish, they each bring up their favorite players to watch in MLS, and discuss what exactly makes a fun player (56:30)