So let’s discuss on the latest High Press Soccer Podcast! Topics covered include:
- The aforementioned Liverpool dominance of Man City.
- Aren’t Leicester and Chelsea really the contenders?
- The USMNT upcoming match vs Canada.
- And what their chances are without Christian Pulisic and Zack Steffen.
Stream below or subscribe and download in Apple’s Podcast Center.
Chops is joined by site contributor Tyler Everett to discuss:
- Wednesday’s Champions League takeaways
- Is PSG a Champions League contender?
- And then a full preview of Liverpool vs Manchester City. Who will win? What are our predictions? And is this the biggest soccer match of the entire year?
It was an utterly enthralling and bonkers day of Champions League action on Tuesday. Consider:
- Ajax led Chelsea 4-1 at Stamford Bridge…which included an unfortunate Kepa own-goal…then had two players sent off and white-knuckled their way to a 4-4 draw over the final 20 minutes.
- Inter Milan go up 2-0 at Borussia Dortmund in the first half, scoring a glorious goal in the process…and end up losing 3-2.
- Liverpool somehow struggle to a 2-1 win at home vs Genk…despite rattling off nearly 30 shots.
- Barcelona laid another 💩 by drawing Slavia Prague 0-0 at home…and remain atop their group.
- Red Bull Salzburg’s ERLING BRAUT HAALAND score again…yet Napoli still pull a point at home.
Here’s a High Press Soccer Podcast breaking down Tuesday’s game. Listen in the post or subscribe and download from Apple’s Podcast Center. Look for another Champions League podcast recapping Wednesday’s action and looking ahead to Liverpool vs Manchester City tomorrow.
A new HPS MLS Pod is up!
Joining host Harrison Hamm is ex-Seattle Sounders winger and current broadcaster Steve Zakuani. During his time at Seattle (2009-13), Zakuani made 80 appearances and scored 17 goals. Zakuani is also the subject of a 2019 documentary, “Unbreakable,” highlighting his recovery from a horrific tibia and fibula injury.
He’ll provide insight into the Seattle vs Toronto FC MLS Cup final match-up.
- Why Brian Schmetzer has been so successful as Sounders coach
- What it’s like to play with Nicolas Lodeiro
- The tactical battle between Seattle and Toronto
The latest High Press Soccer Podcast is available to stream or download in the Apple Podcast Center. Tyler Everett joins Chops to review the major storylines from the Premier League and La Liga this past weekend. Then, they look ahead to this week’s Champions League matches. Will there actually be some upsets this week? It won’t all be chalk again, will it?
Specific topics covered include:
- How Liverpool keep winning in the EPL
- Why Barcelona and Atletico Madrid can’t consistently keep winning in La Liga
- Will this off-season be a round of musical chairs for managers?
- A review of Champions League matchday 4 lines
- Will there be upsets? And why Ajax, Inter, Atalanta, and even Red Star Belgrade may be the most likely to pull them
Stream below in this post or subscribe and download from Apple. Enjoy!
The latest High Press Soccer Podcast is up!
A wide range of topics are covered in this one, but the bulk is spent on USMNT and USWNT team news. We cover Christian Pulisic’s strong showings, Sergino Dest’s decision, and if the USWNT made the right coaching decision.
From there, we dive into La Liga news, including Lionel Messi’s latest ridiculous display.
Finally, we wrap with why Liverpool should be heavier favorites to win their first Premier League title.
Stream in this post or subscribe and download on Apple’s Pod Center.
Harrison Hamm joins to discuss:
- Atlanta United’s win over Philadelphia and their MLS Cup repeat chances
- The wild El Trafico showdown between LAFC and Galaxy
- Zlatan’s comments about MLS and the importance of high-profile European stars playing in the league
- Who will win MLS Cup
Stream the episode in this post or subscribe and download from Apple’s Podcast Center.
Well, the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League group matchday 3 taught us absolutely nothing. No real surprises. Almost all chalk won.
There’s still plenty to discuss. On the latest High Press Soccer Podcast, Tyler Everett joins to cover:
- Is Chelsea legit? They sure looked it vs Ajax.
- Did Red Bull Salzburg blow there chance to advance?
- Did Jurgen Klopp stumble upon his dream attacking line-up for Liverpool?
- Why was El Clasico pushed to December?
- Are Tottenham back or will they get trounced by Liverpool this weekend?
Getting this up a day late, but here’s the latest High Press Soccer Podcast. Listen below or subscribe and download from Apple’s Podcast Center.
Covered in this episode:
- Liverpool and Manchester United drew 1-1. Liverpool were unlucky. United played hard and were lucky. The game meant nothing.
- Barcelona is back on top of La Liga! And they’re their to stay.
- The UEFA Champions League is back this week. Watchability rankings for the week.
A new HPS MLS Podcast hosted by Harrison Hamm is up!
- Handicapping the RBNY-Philly matchup
- Favorite dark-horse?
- Tactical previews of each match
Look for our MLS playoff predictions post this week as well.
Listen below or subscribe and download from the Apple Podcast Center.
Recorded on Thursday, Chops is joined by Tyler Everett to discuss:
- More Gareth Bale and Zinedine Zidane drama!
- What is the CONCACAF Nations League and what defines success for the USMNT?
- Can a MLS franchise in Charlotte be successful?
The latest High Press Soccer Podcast is up! Play it below or subscribe and download from the Apple Podcast Center.
Chops is joined by Tyler Everett. Discussed in this episode:
Eibar!Manchester City 💩 the bed.
- Liverpool as Premier League favorites!
- Leicester is good!
- After transferring from Leicester to Manchester United, would you trust Harry Maguire to make any decision for you?
- How bad is Manchester United and how long will it really take to turn it around?
- Is Antoine Griezmann going to be the odd man out at Barcelona?
- Sergino Dest dissing Gregg Berhalter and the USMNT.
- Christian Pulisic’s Chelsea problems.
Chops is joined by Tyler Everett. Discussed:
- How right we were about Ajax and Bayern Munich.
- How lucky Real Madrid were to pull off a draw against Club Brugge.
- Liverpool’s entitled performance against Red Bull Salzburg and ultimately why it won’t matter cause they’re winning Group E.
- Barcelona and Luis Suarez show up!
- Where would Red Bull Salzburg be in the Premier League table if they played in England?
- Christian Pulisic’s struggles at Chelsea.
Topics covered in this pacy episode include:
- Barcelona continues to struggle. Can we just all concede the manager is the problem?
- Real Madrid rebounds. Are they stable now?
- As Liverpool and Manchester City continue to separate, are Spurs just too soft to compete for titles?
A new HPS MLS Podcast is now live!
Topics covered include:
- Why FC Cincinnati has played so badly this season, and potential building blocks for the future
- Cincy’s academy situation and lessons they can take from other teams to rebuild
- David Silva potentially going to Inter Miami.
Was the penalty call against Andy Robertson that gifted Napoli a Champions League win ridiculous? Yes. Will it ultimately determine if Liverpool advances out of Group E? No.
Is Real Madrid’s season under Zinedine Zidane really this big of a goat rodeo? Yes. Are they in danger of not advancing out of Group A? No.
Chops and Tyler Everett break down all of the major Champions League games from this week in the latest High Press Pod:
- Atletico Madrid vs Juventus (1:00)
- Tottenham is missing something. What? (4:30)
- PSG looks LEGIT (6:45).
- Real Madrid being nothing but drama and in trouble (9:00).
- Liverpool vs Napoli and why Liverpool will still advance and Napoli won’t (13:30).
- Napoli having the most annoying fans in Italy (18:00).
- ERLING BRUAT HALAND (20:30).
- Ajax should be group favorites (28:00).
Joining Chops is Tyler Everett. The two discuss the past weekend’s Premier League and La Liga action.
- Manchester City are still Premier League title favorites. Why? What does Liverpool need to do at this point to get oddsmaker’s respect?
- Atletico Madrid dropped from +450 to +800 after gacking this weekend. Is another La Liga title squarely back in Barcelona’s grasp?
- The 2019-20 UEFA Champions League starts Tuesday! Tyler breaks down the watchability of each match-up.
We’re coming in hot on the latest High Press Soccer Podcast!
Chops is joined by Tyler Everett to discuss the latest black eye on the US Men’s soccer program. After Mexico spanked the USMNT 3-0, it’s time to start asking some hard questions. Or more specifically:
- Why US Soccer’s men’s program is such a catastrophe (00:30)
- What in Gregg Berhalter’s coaching past indicates he’s the right man for this job? (2:40)
- The juxtaposition of Berhalter vs Tata Martino (4:30)
- Has US Soccer done anything recently to suggest they’ll get the men’s program right? (9:30)
- Then we shift to more pleasant discussions around FIFA 20 and player ratings (19:00)
- Previewing Barcelona vs Valencia and Lionel Messi’s potential return (24:30)
- Preview Premier League matchday 5 and Manchester United vs Leicester (27:50)
Listen below or subscribe in Apple’s Podcast Center.
The latest episode of the HPS MLS Podcast is up. Host Harrison Hamm discusses underrated MLS players with Ian, of American Soccer Analysis.