Ok, we’re back with more Women’s World Cup Daily Fantasy picks.
Thursday only had two games, but Friday is back to three fixtures.
Women’s World Cup Friday Games
We’re going to start listing the betting odds for all games too, as it should help in your decision-making process when selecting a line-up.
The three games to choose from on Friday are:
- 9am ET: Japan (-140) vs Scotland (+400) – Draw +260
- 12pm ET: Jamaica (+1700) vs Italy (-850) – Draw +750
- 3pm ET: England (-1300) vs Argentina (+2900) – Draw +900
Our WWC DFS Picks for June 14th
Looking at the lines, England and Italy are the clear favorites. England (#3 FIFA) plays Argentina (#37). England is our darkhorse pick to win it all. Expect goals. The over on 2.5 goals is -245, so oddsmakers expect at least 3, of which England should score all of them.
Italy (#15 FIFA) isn’t world class, buuuuuut Jamaica (#53) really really isn’t. The over on 2.5 goals is -225, so again, oddsmakers expect more than 3, of which all 3 should likely come from Italy.
Remember, it’s only 8 position spots, you have $50,000 to spend with a $6,250 average salary.
- FW: Nikita Parris, England ($11,000): To be clear, there’s no value here. But having seen her in person, she’s impressive, and she’s a close to a sure thing for a goal on Friday as anyone. If you select her though, find cheap value elsewhere.
- FW: Barbara Bonansea, Italy ($7,400): If you go with a high-priced option like Parris, then finding a forward value like Bonansea is wise. She scored twice against Australia, and she’s not likely to match that production again. However, Jamaica <<<< Australia. So a goal or assist seems more likely than not.
- Mid: Estefanía Banini, Argentina ($4,400): Gotta get some values if you go with Parris. Banini will likely play all 90 minutes, and while you’ll likely get more defensive than offensive value, the price is right if you go with more expensive attackers.
- Mid: Valentina Cernoia, Italy ($6,100). She’s a crossing machine, so against a weak squad like Jamaica, she might get you an assist or two.
- D: Stephanie Houghton, England ($4,300). She found the net against the US at the SheBelieves Cup, she’s going to start, and she’s affordable. Worth a flier.
- D: Alex Greenwood, England ($5,400). Speaking of crossing machines! She’ll get to the endline and could service a goal for the Lionesses. She fired 9 crosses in England’s first game. Her and Andy Robertson would make fascinating babies.
- GK: Lee Alexander, Scotland ($3,900). If you’re going to splurge on pricey forwards, you need to save elsewhere. Scotland’s keeper should see a fair amount of action against Japan and at that price, is almost $2k cheaper than your other keeper options.
- Utility: Jill Scott, England ($7,300). She’ll fill up the box score.
Others to consider:
- FW: Ellen White, England ($9,200). If you don’t go with Parris, White is your next best choice for England. You’ll save a bundle to use elsewhere.
- Mid: Yui Hasegawa, Japan ($7,200). The Japan midfielder likely to play 90 with multiple ways to fill up the box score.
- D: Lucy Bronze, England ($6,100). A force.