After that, head over to DraftKings for your Women’s World Cup Daily Fantasy — a lot of options to select from for Saturday’s games.
Women’s World Cup Saturday Games
As we’ve been doing, before getting to recommended selections, we’ll review lines for each game. Seeing what oddsmakers think when it comes to not just the game itself, but props on total goals or goal scorers, help in creating your lineup.
For a refresher, read up on how to bet soccer. The home team is listed first. The “-” means that team is favored.
The two games to choose from on Saturday are:
|11:30am ET||Germany -650||Draw +650||Nigeria +1300|
|3pm ET||Norway +250||Draw +260||Australia +100|
Germany vs Nigeria is -205 to go over 2.5 goals. Those goals will almost entirely come from Germany.
Australia vs Norway is -146 to go over 2.5 goals. Slight favorite, yes, and most likely a more even distribution. More on that in a minute.
Our WWC DFS Picks for June 22nd
Remember, it’s only 8 position spots, you have $50,000 to spend with a $6,250 average salary.
Double-check line-ups an hour before game time for any player rotations / non-starters.
- FW: Alexandra Popp, Germany ($9,000). After a slow first two games, Popp finally got on the board with a goal against South Africa. She has the best “first goal” odds of anyone playing the day (+260, Sam Kerr, who is $9,600, is +390).
- FW: Isabell Herlovsen, Norway ($5,800). Interestingly, Herlovsen has the third best overall odds to score the first goal in Norway vs Australia. She’s super cheap for a forward. What do the oddsmakers know? Usually something. Make sure she’s starting. Plug her in at forward or utility if so.
- MID: Sara Däbritz, Germany ($7,600). At 16.9 FPP, she’s the highest scoring midfielder of the day, yet sixth highest priced. No-brainer.
- DEF: Chidinma Okeke, Nigeria ($2,900). This 18 year-old has played all 90 for Nigeria each game and is averaging 7.0 FPP. That’s second best among all defenders for the day! At that price, and with how much Germany will be in the attacking third, plug her in and spend on attackers.
- GK: Almuth Schult, Germany ($5,900): Really like to avoid the most expensive gk in daily if you can, but Schult is the most clear cut option for the day.
- Ok so Sam Kerr ($9,600) is pricey, but she’s one of the 2-3 best strikers in the world and can score in a variety of ways. There’s no shame in selecting her over Popp, you may just need to make it up on defenders and your gk.
- If Emily Gielnik ($7,700) starts, play her. She fills up the box score regardless of how many total minutes she gets.
- Same goes for Graham Hansen ($7,000). She’s a shoe-in to start and gets points in a variety of ways. At $7k, she’s good value.